- fast hardening process;
- not toxic;
- you can use the same gel more than once;
- you can change the floral arrangement with the gel without damaging the vase and flowers.
How to use candle gel to make faux water for your artificial flower arrangements?
- It is necessary to melt the gel over a water bath; the temperature should not exceed 90°C (194°F) so that the gel does not become cloudy.
- Prepare a vase in advance, it must be clean and dry.
- The gel must be melted to a homogeneous liquid mass without lumps.
- Put flowers in the vase.
- Slowly pour liquid gel over a knife or the back of a spoon at the lowest possible from the bottom of the vase to avoid the formation of air bubbles.
- Setting time is 2 hours.
Important information! Avoid getting water into the gel. Do not bring gel to the boil. Before you start working with the gel, you need to open it for 1.5-2 hours at room temperature to evaporate moisture.
Questions and answers:
- How many times can the same gel be used? - You can remelt it 5-6 times.
- How to remove dust from the gel? - Dust can be removed from the gel with the use of alcohol, not water.
- Does the metal stem rust in contact with the gel? - The candle gel is made with mineral oil, which is neutral and does not corrode metal.
- How does it tolerate subzero temperatures and heat, what is its melting point? - Incipient melting temperature + 65-70°C (149-158°F). At -30°C (-22°F) it does not change its physical properties (tested).
- How long does it take for candle gel wax to solidify? – A liter of gel* begins to thicken in half an hour at room temperature, completely solidifies in 1.5-2 hours. *1 gram of gel = 1.25 ml